- Comments (0) Change font
If columns/tables do not appear straight, change font
Mr B. Nov 2 1824 In answer to your letter ... there is not any cottage on the south side of the river in which the gamekeeper you purpose sending could be placed ... If Thos Strutt was to remove back to Broomley two rooms may be found in the village until a house is built. Is it your intention to let Thos Strutt continue to take charge of the dogs and retain the deputation or to place them under the care of the new gamekeeper. I fear Thos Strutts disposition will often cause dissention between them and I shall feel obliged to you to state the nature of the situation the Suffolk man is to hold that I may be able to settle any dispute that may arise between then. You do not make any remark on my enquiries respecting the letting of the Bearl farm and it should be determined upon without <...> of time. As your return to Northumberland seems so uncertain I must beg of you to refer to my last letter respecting the letting of the farm. Is it your intention to continue to occupy all the land now in hand at Bywell? Where do you intend the cows to stand when they are removed to Bywell. I should think the present stables too near the house to put them in any part of them and yet they should not be at any great distance? At present I think there are more cows than are necessary and some might be disposed of. Must I proceed to <fill> up the present stables or let them remain until Spring. I think as little as possible should be done to them as I am convinced you will wish to have them at a greater distance from the house. In case you should be at Bretton soon I wish to meet you then as the finishing of the inside of the house and many other matters should be determined upon which could be much better settled in a personal interview than by letter.