Witness Depositions – Thomas Lowrey – 2 Apr 1690

Document Type: Witness Depositions
Date: 2 Apr 1690
Correspondent: Thomas Lowrey
Archive Source: TNA E 134 2W&M Trin15
  • Transcription
  • Notes
  • Comments (0)
  • Change font
    If columns/tables do not appear straight, change font
Thomas Lowrey a witness first Sworne & Examined on the part of the Deft, and now Sworne & Examined on the part ot the Complts Deposeth as followeth. 

1	To the First Inter[ogator]y this Deont saith he knowes the Com[m]on high way leading from Hedley in Northumberland to the Lands in Stella called the Bogg or Blackmires and soe to the Peth head and Downe the Peth to th Leadhills and Bladon in the County of Durham, and saith that he knowes not nor Did he ever hear of any money or satisfaction, paid for any Carriages to the two Leadhills or Bladon aforesaid but saith that John Clavering Esq[uire] who is this Depont's Master for his way leave & Steathe roome in Stella grounds pays yearly Fifty Pounds p[er] annu[m] to the Deft halfe yearly. 

Witness on behalf of Thomas Tempest in answer to Blackett's cross-interrogatories. See 2nd April 1690 'Questions to witnesses'  William Blackett, cross-interrogatories,  and notes given there for background to the case.

Leave a comment

We welcome further information or corrections on topics and incidents mentioned in individual letters. It might take a while before your comments are checked for adding to public view within the website. We cannot undertake further research in response to questions.

Your email is never published nor shared. Required fields are marked *


General Discussion
Suggested correction or addition


  Return to search results or refine/create new search
The Dukesfield Smelters and Carriers Project aimed to celebrate and discover the heritage of the Dukesfield Arches & lead carriers' routes between Blaydon and the lead mines of Allendale and Weardale. A two year community project, it was led by the Friends of the North Pennines in partnership with Hexhamshire and Slaley Parish Councils and the active support of Allendale Estates. It was funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund and the generous support of other sponsors. Friends of the North Pennines: Charity No:1137467