Henry Richmond was almost certainly the man of that name baptised in Deal, Kent in 1720, the eldest son of Joseph Richmond and his wife Elizabeth, nee Brickell. On the evidence of the chief stewards letter books he had been assisting his father from at least 1755, and gained the position of Chief Steward to Sir Walter Blackett after the death of his father Joseph in April 1763. As Chief Steward Henry had overall responsibility for the management of the Blackett Lead business together with the estates in the North East of England. Henry remained in the house on Pilgrim St provided by Blackett for his father. During his stewardship Henry appears to have been highly conscientious and diligent on behalf of Blackett, frequently encouraging those who worked for him to sustain high standards to the benefit of the business. He died in June 1776 after suffering a stroke was buried in the church yard at St. Andrew’s on 11th June 1776. Henry’s obituary in the Newcastle Courant on the 15th June 1776 was also highly praising of his work, saying that ‘he discharged his trust with great fidelity and industry and was much and deservedly esteemed as a worthy honest man’. Henry’s death ended a total of 49 years of service to the Blackett family by the two Richmonds and, with the death of Sir Walter Blackett the following February, marked the end of a long period of ownership and management continuity.